(Digital Millennium Copyright Act)
Streaming platforms, VPN's and torrent websites are now widely used by consumers as simple and effective ways of circumventing and illegally downloading, streaming or reproducing copyright protected media.
Sites and software such as Limewire, the Pirate Bay, BitTorrent and Putlocker are amongst hundreds of tools used over the past decade to circumvent copyright protected media such as films, programs and other media files.
The ease of use and readily available nature of these sites is responsible for research findings that up to 70% of online users find nothing wrong with piracy. Other shocking statistics include:
- 98.8% of Data transferred using P2P networks is copyrighted;
- 22% of all global Internet bandwidth is used for Online Piracy;
- 95% of music downloaded online is illegal;
- $12.5 billion in economic losses each year due to Piracy in the music industry; and
- Websites hosting pirated content receive more than 146 Million visitors per day.
Copyright circumvention and breaches also extend beyond the television and media industry and common cause damage to private citizens and businesses alike.
No matter the problem, how or where it happened, Internet Removals has a solution.
If you would like to find out more, please contact our team via email on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1300 039 196.